Recently we moved from the suburbs to the city. We sold our home of 19 years and moved closer to two of our children. I have found it to be a bigger contrast in lifestyle than I had expected.
Here are a few new things I am getting use to:
- Everyone walks
- If driving is needed – Uber is called
- Parking App is required to cover any street parking when you do drive
- One-way streets, which I have gone down the wrong way
- Pedestrians suddenly stepping out into on-coming traffic
- Pets have their own place in restaurants
- Festivities take place throughout the city every weekend
- Outdoors is where everyone gathers
The city life here is geared toward community, where kindness flows freely. I am not sure how to put words to what I have encountered, but let me give it a shot.